Sunday, April 10, 2022

Last Minute Editing Help

           Entry 44: 4/10/22

     TODAY IS THE DAY! April 10th, the dreaded and final day. Alright so yesterday was an eye opener because we got sh*t to do. On my part, I need to acquire the lovely music and start collecting the scenes that we are going to use in the documentary. For the music, I headed over straight to Audio Youtube Library because I have always relied on it but Isa told me to go to Epidemic Sound. I have never used this before but it was a lot like Audio Youtube Library. The difference is you do have to pay or use the free trial. We just used the free trial but ended up screen recording the different songs just because it was easier. We got lots of peaceful, dreamy like music to put in the background. There was a LARGE selection of it so it took a bit but it was frankly easy to find what we liked. While Isa was putting b-roll on the timeline, at the same time she was listening to the music I was to see if it was good or bad.

     After the music, we needed to move onto the scenes for the b-roll. Like I mentioned in a previous blog, the tv's show up in the b-roll like a little less than 100 times so we need a lot of scenes. I am gonna be honest, I love movies but I simply can not list 100 movies off the top of my head so I called for reinforcements. My friends Wade and Ren sent me different options for me to work with. Wade sent links to an app called Letterboxd and all people do is rate movies and share their opinions on them. This was really helpful because some accounts are solely on watching every movie possible so that was useful. Thank you Wade! 

https://letterboxd.com/samuelchristian/list/all-the-movies-1/by/popular/ 

https://letterboxd.com/wadeisokay/

     Ren also send me their list of movies and recommended me to Letterboxd. Now, I must admit again, yes I watch movies but I had no idea what half of these movies were and the problem with that was that I could not find the right scene or an iconic scene without wasting too much time. I can not even complain though because they helped me find a lot of movie scenes to upload to the Drive for Isa.

Ren's list of movies

Our Google Drive

     I cut it all to be a super easy download and transfer for Isa so hopefully that goes well. AH I can't wait for you guys to see the excerpt and hopefully the final full piece in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment