Saturday, April 9, 2022

Final Social Media Update

          Entry 40: 4/9/22

     What is up! So I just realized that I have been posting a lot on our Instagram for the docu-series but I have not been updating you guys. I said last week that I wanted to improve on just this so here I am. Let's just jump into it.

     First thing first is the stories. I have been uploading a lot on the highlights including production, film festivals, crew, and our interviewees. In terms of production highlights, I did not want to spoil too much but I also wanted to give viewers an inside look on the filming and editing process. I used the Instagram feature boomerangs to just have a quick video to intrigue and show the scene to viewers. I had lots of people swipe up and be like "I can not wait to see this" or "This looks awesome!" Even people or companies who I have no idea who they are were liking the story and following the page. It made it all feel very professional. I kept the same theme as in keeping it all very neutral and simple. I think that made it very easy for teenagers to take a quick look and be left with questions as to what is coming next. Many of those who were left questioning have been asking over and over again when the documentary does come out. Glad to see the methods are working. Another highlight I have recently added is the festivals highlight, this was more to show that this project, even though it is a school project, is more than that to us. We really are trying to bring awareness to topics and creating lengthy pieces. Since we are not finalized with the second documentary, there are obviously no festivals to add for it but, Counter Conformity has gotten into 2 big ones now, NFFTY and CineYouth so I thought I might as well add it there. Last new category for the highlights is the crew highlight. I felt as if the page was not giving enough human aspect to it so I thought putting a few pictures of the crew would be a cool addition.

The Insta highlights

     Next up are the post themselves. The account is divided per episode. The beginning is EP 1 Counter Conformity and after is EP 2 - Untitled (Don't worry we got the name now but you will find it out in the next blog post). I did this to keep the different episodes separate for the episodic docu-series. For future episodes, it would be easy to add onto the account and make it clean. I also wanted to keep the neutral look going so for EP 2, I followed the same templates on Canva. LOVE CANVA. I genuinely can not express how lovely and wonderful Canva is. I uploaded several teasers (some in the form of "docu-series lessons), stills, interviewee content, and BTS. These are all just fun content to give inside view on the documentary. The real deal is in the captions. For each post, I made sure to add something different about the docu-series, EP 1, EP 2, or anything about the project. I did not make it too long to bore people but I also did not make it short to give nothing. Also, something really important was adding hashtags! Even though this is technically a school project, Isa and I put our alls into Counter Conformity and EP 2 so having people actually see our work is cool! I know that the tags are a big way of getting other people to see your work so I added these to every post: #documentary #documentaries #film #watchnow #fashion #cinematography #filmmaking #studentfilm #documentarynow #studentproduced #studentfilms #studentfilmmaker #documentaryfilm #indiefilmmaking #filmmaking. Anyways, I added examples of the social media page below incase you could not check out the page (@ttheoverlookedd).





     A special little featured that I added to the Instagram was a Linktree. Basically for our tv club CBTV I made a Linktree with all the clubs socials and anything else and honestly, it is so easy to use and people love it. Not sure if I explained this before but Linktree is a website that creates a website with any personal, work, etc. links you would want to include. It is extremely easy to use and it allows me to link the Counter Conformity website, both of our blogs, and anything else we would need in the future.



     As you might have seen in the previous sections of this blog, the logo is finally done! The logo was lots of fun to make because Canva already makes everything so easy that it just feels like an everyday task. The logo was simple. I wanted something bold yet not trying to rip your eyeballs out and something needed to standout that covered something else strange. Let me translate my thoughts to English. I wanted the logo to be bold in a way where you look at it and it is not just a small text, it stands out and sends a message. I also wanted something in the title to, at first glance, appear different, and overcast something else that is different. Yep, that is what I gave myself to work with. To accomplish this, I first found a big, chunky font. This would give the professional boldness look I wanted to achieve. Then Isa recommended I changed the o's into symbols but I really was not feeling it but then I realized it hit my other checkmark. The o's with x's colored in red would at first cover the upside down THE. I thought that the symbolism behind this would make a perfect pair for our docu-series. It shows how several conversations and topics are often left in the dark by things that seem bigger than them. For example, the representation of women has always been overlooked by society yet what about the effects on young girls while growing up? All in all, I love the logo and even though it is simple, it gives off the message that is needed.


     I have to bid farewell to the social media now. It was such a good learning experience using and finding out what works best for the page. I was able to learn a lot especially with creating a brand and I do not regret this experience so hopefully I can do something like this again in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment