Sunday, February 20, 2022

Film Festival + Updates

    Entry 7: 2/20/22

    GUESS WHAT! Isa informed me with some lovely news today, our documentary, Counter Conformity, which we have released to several film festivals, was officially selected to one of the biggest student film festivals in the country. This is bananas! We cannot announce the name of the festival because the rules state that it may jeopardize our selection so I will have to update you guys later but OMG! We will see our film play on the big screen, maybe win some awards, and even film all the way to the other side of the country. I am so proud of Isa and I because that documentary was our first and seeing it do so well makes us extremely excited for the next. I am still in disbelief that we got in. Too many victories this week, not too good for my ego (kidding😅). 

    Because of this film festival and of how well known it is. Isa had to create a website for the documentary. It is not done yet but it is making this feel all very professional.

    I also feel like having this website allows Isa and I to have our closure on this project. Of course, I am hoping for many more film festivals and maybe some awards but it is time to focus on our new documentary. Speaking of which, I have been trying to find people to interview for it, have not gotten too much luck, but I have been able to hear about the topic from other peoples stand points. It is crazy how the male gaze affects people in different ways, ones I did not even know about until I learned of the topic. 

    In terms of our new documentary, we are starting to dive into locations and interviewees. It is a difficult choice. If we choose the wrong place, the vibe and style that we envision for the piece may not go the way we want it to. If we choose the wrong interviewee's, it could ruin the story we are trying to tell. It is all a very tough decision but it will be worth it in the end.

    Sorry for the short blog post today, tomorrow is closing ceremony for STN, yep I am still in the Golden State, and our flight back home is also tomorrow. Hopefully, we get some wins and if we do, I'll be sure to update you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment