Thursday, February 24, 2022

Location Planning & Equipment

    Entry 9: 2/24/22

    I talked a bit about this before but Isa and I did a bit more location scouting since then. Isa was talking to our friend Wade and he said he is more than willing to lent the soon to be empty room in his house. There is also his room that he said he would not mind clearing out for us. What a G. I attached a few images below.


    This is a last resort option. Even though we cannot thank Wade enough for offering his room, we want a bigger vicinity to establish the empty, spacious vibe for the b-roll. If all goes wrong, we may resort to this or even to Isa's house. I have also offered my garage but it is filled with boxes. I would not mind trying to find space for them but I cannot say the same for my parents. I also think that working in a house is extremely beneficial to us because it is easy access and we can move around what we want. It would be hard since the rooms are smaller than we would anticipate but if it comes down to it, I think we can work around it.

    Again, the best thing would be to rent out a photography studio. We do not have a budget but I was looking around to see what is available to us and I'll show you guys. First one I looked at was a local one here us called https://www.photographybyluigi.com/. The only problem with this is that it is expensive. We would need it for at least 3 days and each 2 hours is $450. This is unfortunately not possible. If the price were feasible, the location would be perfect.


    
    The https://store.cady.com/ is the second place I looked at. I took a slight glimpse at the price and I completely just denied it but the concept of different rooms to film b-roll in would help us a lot. If only it were possible to have like a million dollar budget and rent out all of these. There are several photography studios among us but they are extremely pricey. I think we may have to resort to someones house or hope that we have connections to someone else who can help us.

    The other topic for this blog post is equipment. For Counter Conformity, we checked out equipment from Short Cuts and we most likely will be doing it again. The only issues is that several other people in our class will most likely be doing the same so that will be an issue for us. We have to talk to Short Cuts way before we film so we can make sure we have that equipment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment