Tuesday, February 22, 2022

National Winner Right Here

    Entry 8: 2/22/22

    By the title of this blog post, you can already guess what I am going to say. Yep, the competition that I went on and on about we actually placed in! For Crazy 8 News Magazine we placed 1st in the nation. This is the first time in Cypress Bay History that CBTV, Cypress Bay Television, has placed 1st in this competition. There were old alumni that were contacting us saying we made their high school dream come true. It was a very nice moment. My group also placed 2nd in Feature Story! This was also a big accomplishment and I am so proud of my group. I have linked the videos below if you are interested in viewing them! 

Feature story: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CadgntsFW1s/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Crazy 8: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CadkwOpNhH-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

    But I know you guys are more interested in the documentary planning so let's jump into it. A few nights ago, when I was up late doing homework for a different class, I received a lovely text from Isa at 4AM. What were we both doing up that night, I have no idea but basically, it was a very basic outline of the documentary.

    
    As you can see, it highlights some of the main points we need to feature in the documentary and how we could potentially start the documentary. Even though this is a basic first idea, it is beneficial to already have an idea of how we want to start the documentary. For Counter Conformity, we had them talking about their style and how they normally like to dress. We can not do the same thing unfortunately for this new documentary but we can have our interviewee's talk about their role models and how they influence them. This would be a simple way to ease into the documentary. The only risk is that we are not sure what to put over it in terms of b-roll. But the beginning, not only would be easy for Isa and I but also allows the viewers to connect with our interviewees. 

    Something Isa also mentions is the aspect of hyperrealism. I honestly love this topic and I could right a whole separate blog post on just hyper realities but for the documentary, Isa's idea is that hyperrealism and the male gaze both create a simulation of unrealistic standards. Even though many of us know that people can fake their lives on social media completely, we accept it and try to be like them. The effect of this on people is one of the aspects of the male gaze that we want to include. 

    Also, Isa and I were talking and she said that we should start writing interview questions despite not finishing the structure. She said this would help us with the structure and to bring up any topics we want to talk about. I completely disagree with this. Maybe we could start thinking of the super basic questions but I think that the structure is vital to writing the best questions for us. Without the structure, we could ask questions that do not even fit the message we are trying to say. I think that with all the news segments I have done, I have learned that having a structure is essential to writing questions. The structure most likely will change but at least you know what information you were asking.

    Anyways, that is all I have for now. University of Florida decisions come out this Friday AH! I will probably write after then so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment