Sunday, February 27, 2022

Interviewees

    Entry 11: 2/27/22

    The potential victims of our documentary have been decided. After careful evaluation, Isa and I have found potential interviewee's for the documentary. We will likely only end up working with 2-3 of them but it is good to have options. We also need to think of how they would do on camera because they will be doing a lot of experimental b-roll with us and posing. Their knowledge on the topic will also influence if we chose them or not. It will be a tough choice but I will list the options below.

#1: Fellow Artist

    This first person is a friend of Isa's. They are an artist and I saw their work at the Cypress Bay Art Festival this year. They are extremely talented and are also basing their AP Art portfolio on oppression and women. I have not personally talked to them about this topic but I hear wonderful things from Isa. This person appears to be extremely mature and impacted by the topic. They also says that their sexuality has been influenced by the male gaze but they are not sure if they are comfortable talking about it on camera. Despite that, they are a wonderful potential interviewee and I think they would be a lovely person to work with. I have never worked with them before so I am excited to see how that goes if we pick them. Also, I have heard many things from other people about this person and they seem like an extremely fun person to be around.

#2: Close Friend

    This second person I would LOVE to work with. We have worked with them before and they are such a pleasure to be around. This person is wonderful on camera and would be perfect for interviews and for b-roll. Isa and I worked on a project with them last year and they are extremely knowledgable and know a lot of the topic. We also already talked to them about being in the documentary and they said yes! 

#3: Acquaintance

    This third person is someone Isa knows of but is not acquaintances with. I know of them as well but I have never spoken with them. I plan on DMing them soon so I can ask them if they are interested in being in the documentary. They are extremely involved in Debate and are advocating for women rights. They are extremely outspoken and Isa and I both feel that they would know a lot about the topic of the male gaze. This person is also very aware of everything around them so even if they do not know about the male gaze, they may know of how the media affects women's self concept. Isa also learned that they are friends with Florence Laurent, a past person we interviewed, so maybe they may know of our work and be comfortable in being a part of our next one.

#4: Friend

    This last option is a friend of ours that we have worked with before. They would give us some really good answers, the only problem is that they are an extremely busy person. They have been unreliable a few times so it will be a risk for us if we work with them. They are a last minute resort in case all goes wrong.

    That seems to be all I have got for today! I am going to take a long nap because this week has been a stressful one with all of my makeup work. Next week will also be a tough one since Isa is going to DECA States, but we shall see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment