Friday, February 25, 2022

UF Gator Blogging to You

    Entry 10: 2/25/22

    University of Florida decisions came out today at 5:30pm and I was luckily accepted. I have many friends who did not receive the same news due to the amount of applications there were this year, so I am extremely grateful to have committed to this school today and I am rooming with my family friends in an apartment near campus! WOOOO! I can not really express my excitement professional on this blog but I was bouncing up and down when I found out.

    In terms of our lovely documentary, I have been thinking of a few things lately. One being how we are going to shoot our interview, the products that follow our piece (for example, the magazine and social media), and how we can engage it to our audience. 

    For our interviews, Isa and I both believe we should try to switch it up. For example, instead of doing the standard person in front of the camera looking to the side, we were thinking of putting their interview into a 3d model television. I am no master in 3d anything but Isa said she watched one of our classmates do it and it is fairly doable, so I have full faith that she can. Another thing, is that maybe we can have their faces covered. This is obviously is not finalized but the whole ideal of the male gaze is the effect on women’s self concept, not being able to recognize themselves. I don’t know but it would be something cool to play around with. Maybe at the end when they talk about breaking from the standard they take whatever is covering them off. 

    I also wanted to talk about the social media and the magazine. We are in no way ready to start the magazine but I feel like we can start the social media soon. I am thinking since we are targeting women our age, using either Instagram or TikTok would be the best idea. I feel that TikTok could be taken as a joke and I do not think that is the message we want to send across so Instagram is the way to go. Until we have a name for the documentary, we will probably just name the account something like documentary#2. Just so we can start posting and get the ball rolling. To engage with our audience on social media, we could probably follow what we did for one of our past videos. We were working on a video about misinformation and to promote the video, we created a fake news article and posted it everywhere. It said that Apple was reading your text messages or something like that and instead of linking the article, we linked our video about Misinformation. A lot of people fell for it and ended up watching the video. I think if we can do something along these lines for this documentary it would be really cool. Also, instagram has several features to engage with your audience like asking questions, doing lives, and, the obvious, posting pictures/videos. I think we can really play around with our social media if we start thinking about it now.

    Anyways, I may be getting ahead of myself with the social media but I think that if we plan it out, it could be a huge asset to our project. That’s all for now! The next few blog post are going to be jam packed so look out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment