Friday, March 18, 2022

Becon Journey

    Entry 22: 3/18/22

     FIRST DAY OF SPRING BREAK! WOOOO. But there is no break for AICE Media students who leave filming for Spring Break, totally our faults but YOLO. So now that we have the location and the props, we are missing the equipment. This is where my favorite man Jim Guarasci comes in. If you do not know him, he is a legend. Jim is the Executive Producer of BECON-TV, he also runs Shortcuts, and has internship opportunities. In addition to this, the studio he works at has a closet full of equipment for students in South Florida to check out equipment. It is like a filmmaker paradise.

    Because of CBTV, Isa and I are already well acquainted with Jim but to check out equipment, Isa messaged Jim on Instagram about three weeks ago and confirmed a few days before about pick up. We were going to checkout several pieces of equipment and also use some of the ones that one of our classmate, Maya, used. Today is also Isa's birthday, so her mom and I planned a little surprise, may have spoiled it. After the little get together, we went to BECON and picked up the equipment. When we picked it up, we brought Isa's cart and Jim explained how to use all the equipment. Most of it we knew, but since it was better quality cameras we make sure to pay attention in case of anything. 



     We then did something just out of pure curiosity, we asked Jim to give us a tour of the studio. We saw the office spaces, the control room, and then, Jim walks into a room where I almost shed some tears. The studio. We walk in their and this huge studio with white walls is right in from of us. Isa and I look at each other in shock almost like we struck gold. I speak up and ask Jim, do you allow students to film here. Jim, my man, says yeah the students just have to let me know beforehand. In the moment, Isa and I thought all our worries were gone. We almost ended up using the studio, but over the weekend, Isa and I thought about it and with all the props we have and only Isa and I, it would be impossible. Once we got all the equipment into Isa's car, we drove back and Isa ended up testing some of the sets.I think they look fantastic and I hope Isa's parents do not kill us next week when we demolish their living room for 3 days.




 
    Alright so the next steps are to make sure the interviewees are ready for next week and to start posting on the social media page.

No comments:

Post a Comment