Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Filming Day 2

     Entry 28: 3/22/22

     SECOND DAY OF FILMING!!! Before I talk about Maya, our second interviewee, Isa and I did decide to schedule all of the interviewees early in the morning and then change b-roll time to later in the day when the sun was basically down. Because of this, we had to reschedule Sabrina's b-roll for Saturday and ask Jim if we could have the equipment for longer. Isa and I were able to learn from our mistakes and make the best choice for the matter and I am glad everyone was able to work with us. ALSO let me shoutout to Wade for CHANGING HIS DRIVER LICENSE LESSONS just to help us. What an absolute legend. 

     Let's talk about Maya now. Maya arrived around 10AM and we were able to finish the interview in 2 hours / 2 and a half hours. Not exactly sure the days are blurs now. Walking into the interviewees, Isa and I already had in mind who would "carry" the doc or basically, who's answers would aid us the most. But after Maya's interview, we realized that Maya was our golden ticket. Sometimes after Maya would say a sentence I would look at Isa and we would both just telepathically agree that that was going in the doc. 

     Around 10:30PM I believe, Isa's parents started telling us to wrap things up so. started setting timers for each set and making sure we were done with our shots by the time the timer was out. I think this helped the crew a lot because we were managing our time and seeking what was most important. Also, Maya is just a natural at modeling and posing like she rocked that. This made it 20x easier to work with the time limit we had on us because Maya kept thinking of new and smart ways to pose. Once we finished, Isa has all the footage and she said that the shots look a way lot better, so that is good to know.

     Below. I have uploaded pictures from the filming process. One of my favorite pictures of me doing the interview are there. Maya also brought several outfits and you can see them throughout the pictures.

Maya holding clapper.

That is me doing the interview with Maya. The questions
are on my phone.

Isa and Sammy filming with both cameras
for interview.

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll.

The whole gang filming.

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll.

Isa doing director stuff. 

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll. (cool reflection)

Maya b-roll.

Maya b-roll.

     Tomorrow is the second to last day of filming! The only issue is that, I had already booked out my free time this week with babysitting, so when we changed filming to night, the time we do Tess's b-roll was now already filled. This means I likely will not be there for Tess's b-roll but I will for the interview and I have full confidence in Wade and Sammy. I am excited to meet Tess on a more personal level, I have only known Tess through classes but never got the chance to talk to Tess. I know that Tess does lots of speeches so I know Tess will go off.

No comments:

Post a Comment