Monday, March 21, 2022

Filming Day 1

     Entry 26: 3/21/22

     FIRST DAY OF FILMING!!! Our first interviewee was Sabrina and she did a fantastic job. The crew meet up at 10AM to set up and Sabrina showed up around 11AM. We went through all the interview questions in about 3 hours. Sabrina answered with lots of personal experiences which is going to be tricky to find b-roll to put over but she did a marvelous job and we want to include as much as possible. So thankful that Sammy and Wade were there because they helped a lot. Also, I was mostly the main interviewer but whenever Isa had a question in mind she said it to the interviewee. I loved that Isa did this because sometimes things that Sabrina said slipped my mind and Isa was able to catch on to it and ask more. Also, an issue that arose during this interview was the AC. It kept on turning on and you could hear it on the lav. Each time the AC turned on, which was every 30-45 minutes. We took a break until it turned off. It was very annoying and painful but the positive was that we did get a break and some time to bond all together.

     Sabrina then had to leave for a prior commitment but came back in an hour. During that time, the film crew basically had lunch and just talked. It was a nice break period for the first day and started to prepare us for the b-roll time. Sabrina ended up coming back around 4PM. This was fine at first until we realized the sun kept going down and the lighting just looked awful. When Isa was testing out sets at night, it looked really professional and clean but around 4PM-7PM, the lighting was a whole different situation. We might have to ask all of our other interviewee's to come later in the day for b-roll because the lighting is terrible. But during the b-roll, Sabrina used her big brain and brought multiple outfits which was super cool. We were able to do different set ups with different outfits. 

     Below I uploaded some pictures and videos so that you guys could feel like you were there with us. For some reason, the videos won't let me put captions but one is a time lapse of us changing sets and the others are just ones while filming. The last video is a shot of Isa's house and how we quite literally worked with what we had and changed Isa's house into a studio. I love that video because it goes from normal kitchen, normal living room, to BOOM studio, lights, camera, and some wanky televisions.

Setting up the interview spot and having Sammy 
test it.

That's me getting ready to interview Sabrina.

The shot from one of the cameras during the interview.

Sabrina holding the clapper.

Isa, Wade, and myself waiting for the AC to 
die down.

Both cameras for the interview.

B-roll shot.

Sabrina holding the clapper.

B-roll shot.

Ms. Director.

B-roll shot.

SAMMY <3333

B-roll shot.



     Right after filming, I sped over to go babysit. My spring break so far has been either filming or taking care of nasty little.. I mean precious children. I stayed at the families house until 2AM, which was the time they came back. Yes it was an exhausting day and I already have babysitting days planned for the rest of the week so I know I will be extremely tired but I know it will be worth it in the end.

     The film festival that Counter Conformity got selected for a while ago was NFFTY and my parents had to sacrifice a lot to be able to buy the plane ticket for me and everything else that was needed. Isa and I are going in at the end of April to Seattle AHHHH. Also, I decided that since I have time, I should babysit more so my parents do not have to worry about paying for my college orientation, school events, and anything that I can pay for myself. They get mad at me for doing so but I might as well help out. Hoping to at least make enough to pay for my states trip during break so I can get that out of the way. 

     Anyways, second day of filming tomorrow! What does Maya have in store for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment