Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Missing One Final Interviewee

    Entry 13: 3/2/22

    Ah what a relief it is when we message people and they happily agree to do the documentary. For the last week, Isa and I have been talking to people who would be interested in doing the documentary. We really did not struggle too much with the choosing because we really believe these people will benefit us a lot in the long run. 

    During the school week, we talked to Maya Eusebio and I DMed Tess Segal. When we asked Maya, it was almost instant that they responded. Maya had a few questions about the documentary itself and how we were planning on talking about a large subject like the male gaze. We reassured her that we would not get theoretical but more of how it is affecting women of our age. She was more than glad to be able to help us. Another benefit with Maya is that we are already friends with her so while doing the b-roll she will be more comfortable than someone who does not know us.

    The second person we talked to was Tess Segal. I DMed them on Instagram explaining what our next project is and how we would want them to be in it. Isa also learned that Tess is friends with Florence, one of our old interviewees, so we hoped that would help us convince Tess to be in it. After a day with no response, I figured I would have to figure out another way to contact Tess. After asking around, Tess eventually answered and said that they would love to be in it. Tess also said that they had seen our previous work and loves what we do.

    The third person is the only one missing. I have not been able to reach this person yet so I have to wait until I can talk to Isa about it in person. She leaves tomorrow and I wish her best of luck at her DECA competition!

    Despite missing one person, I am extremely excited to work with these people because they are genuinely really interesting and I'm sure they have a lot to say on the male gaze. I would really like to get more comfortable with them before filming so it is easier to talk to them so I will probably make a group chat once we have the third person.  

No comments:

Post a Comment